Software Development Engineer II
Are you an engineer with a passion for Customer Experience? We are looking for an upbeat, collaborative, and creative individual who is excited about the opportunity to improve customer experience for the world's largest travel company via innovative technologies!
The Release Resiliency team delivers test and deployment technologies to Expedia Group and its portfolio of Brands. You'll join our team of engineers and developers from around the world as we solve some of the largest e-commerce customer experience challenges in the Fortune 500 arena. Your pursuit to deliver scalable and reliable solutions will be meaningful in our mission to deliver quality and insights to teams across the business. What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Design technical solutions that target requirements, as well as account for impact to organization.
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner requirements.
- Drive platform stability by identifying potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change, and where new ones need to be developed.
- Apply software design principles, data structures and design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems.
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- Complete tasks and provide data to support implementation of holistic solutions that forge linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
- Report clearly on current work status and raise potential risks or questions when needed.
- Seek help from subject matter experts when needed.
About Expedia Group
- Have a minimum of 2 years of development experience
- A self-starter with an appetite to solve problems through development and engineering of resilient and capable systems.
- You get energized by the opportunity to apply your strong technical background and creative thinking to influence business direction. Networking and partnerships is at your core, and you realize the value in team work and strong communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Java (or Kotlin or Go) programming language
- Experience working with AWS products (e.g. EC2, ECS, EKS, Lambda serverless functions)
- Experience in internet technologies
- Experience with containerized applications and container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes, Helm, Operator pattern
- Understands the SDLC and Agile development methodology
- Have understanding of a CI/CD framework to automate builds, test, and deploy.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Have a basic understanding of testing and deployments
- Comfortable with developer tools like GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience with service mesh like Istio, Linkerd would be plus
- Experience working with Spinnaker plugins and pipelines is a plus
- Understands the observability fundamentals like metrics, logging, tracing
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.